Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

F150 XLT: Hey Lurch hows it going? Long story short...truck

Customer Question

Hey Lurch hows it going? Long story short...truck was running perfectly but reverse was slipping so brought it to a tranny shop, made a transmission swap. Truck was running like shit as soon as I got it back, no power and truck couldn't pass 4000rpm (problem #1). Today after work I jump in the truck, turn the key and nothing...the doors lock/unlock with the remote, mileage pops up on the dash but nothing else in the truck is powered (radio, climate fan, etc) what is going on with my truck? 2006 F150 xlt
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.
Hello, does the rest of the insturment cluster work? No check engine light was on when the truck was running? Did they install a new or used transmission?