Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

1998 ford explorer wont start theft light is blinking how

Customer Question

1998 ford explorer wont start theft light is blinking how can I reset it without taking it to the ford dealer, can't afford to pay
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: while my truck won't turn over when trying to start it I did the turn on lights on dash board and then wait until the theft lights go off and try to start it like that, bout it still did not start. usually when it don't start I would come back an hour or two later it will start.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I was hoping that I could
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: yes , I dont have original ford key, the that I have was unlocking the door but now it won't unlock the door only way it unlocks is with key-less entry system on key ring
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. With the key in the run position is the theft light flashing rapid?The key your using is it a chipped key?Was anything done to get the vehicle into this state?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris