Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

It is giving me a code p1538 JA: Let's get those codes to

Customer Question

it is giving me a code p1538
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: rough idle, runs for about 5 min and stops and the brakes are hard to use and wont engage like before
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: cleaning the intake with seafoam, helped some
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: 165000 miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 5 months ago.
Hello, what year and model is the vehicle?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
97 Ford windstar
Thanks, I'm goingto have to open this back up to other experts for you. The only testing information I have involves the use of a Ford breakout box which is a dealer only diagnostic tool.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. The previous tech opted out. Would you like me to help?What liter engine do you have?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris