K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

Just bought a 1987 Ford E350 van / Bucket lift. The sliding

Customer Question

Just bought a 1987 Ford E350 van / Bucket lift. The sliding door on side is worn out and most of the berings / slide parts are so worn or broken that the door actually came out of the grove and hit the ground. Need to find parts and don't know where to even get the part numbers to start a search. Anybody got the part number or a source for the parts so I can get this fixed?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. In some cases you may need to contact an install facility that installs the bucket lifts to see if they can tell you where to get these parts and part numbers for what you need here.Usually this is the best option to then be able to locate the exact parts needed.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My problems not with the bucket truck it's with the Ford truck I have contacted Ford and the vehicles so old that they don't even have the parts anymore so I'm trying to find a source for the parts for the sliding door on the side of the van
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself but someone else here may have more info on this.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 6 months ago.
These parts are long discontinued from ford as you know already. Best sources will be slavage yards, ebay, and this source Oddball auto parts and here ( ask for phillip) IF you have any of the parts left you might be able to see if a mchine shop could turn some bearings down or fab something up. Sorry to say it but ford is terrible about having old parts available.