Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford F350 Super duty: F350 Super duty 2003 7.3 . When the truck

Customer Question

F350 Super duty 2003 7.3 . When the truck gets close to a radio tower it will shut down or start missing. Any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Has anything after market been wired into your model at all here? Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2004- 4" exhaust complete,Programmer Superchips (program the truck to trailer safe and have not change) and KM air filter. 2009 cam sensor, 18 months ago the missing started only little. Pull the ECM send it to be repaired find problem with circuit to IDM . Pull unit, found plug missing in back and full of water. Repair ECM reinstalled with additional ground wire. Purchase a rebuild IDM unit from ford.Reinstalled, tighten mounting clip.The problem has been getting worse. I have not added anything to truck.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Except I reprogram to factory setting no change in problem reinstall trailer safe program.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Is it only misfiring when close to a radio tower or does this occur at any other time?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It only misfiring close to radio tower. The truck running fine at any other time.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Do you know if there are any other vehicles that misfire near the radio tower as well that you have heard of or experienced?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I was thinking about the ground wires for the injectors. I don't know were to check
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
This is a difficult question for me to be able to answer myself here.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete