Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

F 150: 2004 Ford F-150 miss fire 2-4. Changed coils and plugs.

Customer Question

2004 Ford F-150 miss fire 2-4. Changed coils and plugs. Still does it. Starts fine when cold then a couple seconds later starts rough idle and dies then has trouble starting. 5.4 triton
Category: Ford
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm sorry you are having trouble with your ford. I will try to be of some help for you. Are you saying that the mid is 2 & 4 or 2,3,4? And are you checking them with a scanner? Also did the problem come on suddenly or have you been having other problems like lack of power and such?
I ask because it sounds like your cat might be completely clogged, esp on that bank. Try removing both upper O2 sensors and see if it runs better?