Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Replace the alternator in my 2000 4.2 E150 went and turn the

Customer Question

Replace the alternator in my 2000 4.2 E150 went and turn the key to start the van and did not turn over. All electrical power went away no dome light , head lights, radio. When the was in the on position there was radio and dome light but when the key was turn to the start position that's when everything went dead. The battery is good and found no fuses blown
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: check battery and fuses
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.
Hello,if the altenator failed, it most likely drawed down on the battery. Are you sure it is good, had it load tested and do you have a good connection to the battery?