Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My check transmission light is own car keep stolen in then

Customer Question

Hi my check transmission light is own car keep stolen in then Engine keeps Rory
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My truck Engine light is on and transmission light I took it for a Tune up And now the engine is loud and turns off when I try put it in drive it jerks back-and-forth And cuts off
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No I'm going to get it to a transmission shop
JA: OK! The Ford Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: I'm trying to find out if my transmission is going on or if it's just a sensor
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 7 months ago.

Hello, what kind of vehicle is this, year, make model,engine size? The check engine light is on and the overdrive lamp is blinking? It stalls out when put in drive or reverse or coming to a stop? Have you had it checked for codes with a scan tool?