Experience:  AUTO TECH at G&M EXXON

Pearlmy 2005 Expedition overdrive light is blinking on and

Customer Question

Hi pearlmy 2005 Expedition overdrive light is blinking on and off and there is another light it looks like a wrench on also
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just put two variable timing solenoid in a two days ago and the truck has been running fine and now all the sudden the overdrive light is blinking and seems like it's going to stall
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes I'm hoping to fix this myself I do try to do most of my work myself
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't really tried anything yet I was trying to get some opinions before I did anything
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: no I think that's probably it thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 5 months ago.
Hi Im Chris and i can help you
let me know when you are on
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Im here
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
you there?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes sorry
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
You there
Dont worry about the wrench its just telling you it needs scheduled maintenance. It can be reset. The overdrive light is the problem. you need to get a scanner and tell me the code in the TCM. Its indicating you are having transmission issues. If you are not mechanically inclined I would suggest you take it to a transmission shop. If you have no further questions please rate me so I can get credit for my time.