Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have no compression on any of my 1994 ford ranger splash

Customer Question

I have no compression on any of my 1994 ford ranger splash 4.0 v6 cylinders after I replaced the head gaskets.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well I had compression in all of the cylinders before I changed the gaskets now I don't. I also have no compression when the rocker assembly is off. Kinda confused.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I am
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well I did replace the gaskets and had my buddy look at it after it was all back together and wouldn't start. He couldn't figure it out either. Oh I forgot to mansion there is no spark either. How ever no spark wouldn't cause no compression.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: No I think that covers it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.
Hello, why did you replace the head gasket? Did the engine overheat? It ran ok before the repair? No major cylinder head work was done? Valve job/etc?