Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

WHERE IS THE SWITCH LOCATED ON AN F53 THAT CONTROLS BLINKERS,

Customer Question

WHERE IS THE SWITCH LOCATED ON AN F53 THAT CONTROLS BLINKERS, FLASHERS AND BREAKS
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The blinkers, flashers and break lights only work if you move the steering column to the unmost forward position
JA: Many things can cause steering issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: We checked fuses and breakers
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: I am told there is a switch that will fix this but I don't know where it is located
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Based on the issue and the fix you have a wire connection issue or a wiring issue to the multifunction turn signal switch on the left side of the steering column. We need to access this switch and move each wire to it to see if the blinkers begin to work. If so then unplug the switch and see if the wires and pins are not seated well. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris