Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

How can I tell if a ac system has been coverted from 143 to12a JA:

Customer Question

how can I tell if a ac system has been coverted from 143 to12a
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: just replaced the ac compressor on a 1988 ford f350 and want to know how to correctly recharge the system
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: r&r'd the compressor and now need to recharge it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: supposedly it was converted from 134 to 12 refrigerant how can I be sure?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist you can either use a freon identifier or you can tell by the valves that fill the system. can you post a picture of the fill valves??? Roy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
where are they located?
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
they are on the inlet and outlet lines of the compressor
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  roy replied 6 months ago.
how are you making out