Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I would like directions on how to replace the rack and pinion

Customer Question

I would like directions on how to replace the rack and pinion in my 1998 Ford Taurus
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The rack and pinion has gone out in my 98 tauraus
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, I wanted to get directions first so I can make sure I do it right
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Just a moment while I pull this up for you.
OK. I have attached the R&I procedure here. Its pretty straight forward. Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you. Thanks