Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

2011 f150 cot won't start randomly, just no click no lights

Customer Question

2011 f150 cot won't start randomly, just no click no lights no crM King and totally random cold or hot everyday use or even short and long term non use replaced 4 batteries 2 alternators removed after market gps/backup camera/remote start... Been to 2 dealers.... Nobody finds anything wrong except occasional .06 amp draw and tired of blank stares and same approach to issue which is bringing it by tow truck without attempting to jump or start, etc. time to trade!
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 5 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.I see that you have replaced a lot of stuff.. was any of it because it was bad? Is the battery dead when it wont try to start?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Alternator diodes were bad and battery crank A were low according to dealers and AutoZone the battery would jump immediately, it appears dealers just due the basic tests then replace these parts bcause they really don't spend their own time and money doing diagnostics, electrical checks etc..... Time is money.
So this is an ongoing problem? And you come out to start it in the morning and the battery will be dead dbut it will fire up with a jump or new battery?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Typically can be jumped in seconds, but it will be fine for weeks then won't start.... Doesn't matter if morning noon or nite, winter, spring, summer and fall..... Totally unexpected when it fails, usually about the time Inthink it is fixed then it lets me down again.