Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2003 ford escape with the 3.0 exhausting and flaming

Customer Question

I have a 2003 ford escape with the 3.0 exhausting and flaming out from intake. I have verified the timing is correct. What else could be wrong?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when the plemnum in on it will not start if it is off you can see a flames coming out of the intake
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have checked the timing to verify that the timing chain is correct on the sprockets
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: there is not any codes showing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 11 months ago.
What was the original problem with this Escape?Lack of power, stalling......?