EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

We had not used the car a while, I recharged the

Customer Question

We had not used the car for quite a while, I recharged the battery and put in a gallon of new fuel, the car tries to turn over getting the grinding sound from the start when I turn the key but it fails to turn over. Could I still be not getting enough voltage to start or could it be another issue?
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes if I can
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried to put the charger on the battery and put in a gallon of fresh fuel
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: just that the car has been idle for quite some time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 8 months ago.
Hi. A battery that does not have a good charge or can hold a full charge may not have enough amperage to allow all the computers and fuel pump and ignition and starter to all work. I would strongly recommend getting a new battery. That would help at least eliminate all questions whether it is the root cause or not. Is that something you can replace?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes I will try that
Ok great. Let me know how it turns out if needed. Thank you.
Have a great day and please rate the service provided.
THanks for viewing my response to you. Do you have more questions on this? Please rate my service positively and let me know. Thanks.