Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

Reverse went out in my 2006 Ford f150 King ranch what is the

Customer Question

Reverse went out in my 2006 Ford f150 King ranch what is the problem and how do I fix it
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Goes into drive and all other gears but reverse
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes hoping not to have to buy a whole new tranny!?
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? What confuses you?
Customer: Checked tranny fluid I've just been trying to research it solo online and not really coming up with a definite answer
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Well we live on a farm so we're pretty hard on it we've just been trying to park where we don't have to back out!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
I am sorry your having this problemwith NO reverse and good forward gears and the fluid full in the transmission this can not be an electrical issue as reverse is a mechanically applied gearif the transmission is physically being shifted into reverse and it does not move the issue is a bad low reverse clutch or reverse clutch that has failedi am sorry to say the transmission needs to be removed and rebuilt or replacedit is 100 % an internal failure i am sorry to sayif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
how are you making out ?if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer