Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Got a e350 1990 ford 460 idling fast problem JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

got a e350 1990 ford 460 idling fast problem
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: where did u go
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: start it up tap gas engine idles up & wont come back down
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: replaced heater core & hoses & it did this
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.
Hello, you didnt have this issue until you replaced the heater core, disconnected the battery in the process? No check engine light on?