Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Escape Hybrid: I have a 2005 Hybrid and have the P0193 code.

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Hybrid and have the P0193 code. This code comes and goes today it shut the engine down. But a few minutes of waiting and it was good to go. How can I test it to make sure replacement is needed.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 10 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.Just a moment while I pull up your vehicle and look over the code and Ill get you testing instructions.
OK. You will need a scan tool with LIVE DATA to test it. You could also try testing with a volt meter if you dont have one. Let me know what you are working with and I will help you test it.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
lets go this way for a couple of questions before the phone. I have an actron auto scanner will that work?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
MODEL CP9575
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ARE YOU STILL THERE?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Guess not. Later
Sorry I was with another customer.If you want to continue look on your scanner for a fuel pressure sensor voltage. Let me know if you have it and what it is.