James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have code #p2106 and p0715 ? JA: Fortunately, the mechanics

Customer Question

I have code #p2106 and p0715 ?
JA: Fortunately, the mechanics here speak code like it's their native tongue. They're great at getting to the bottom of things, and it would be my pleasure to put you in touch with the best one for this. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: traction control light flashing / no cruise /?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: noting looking for info
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: The motor was replaced
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.
Hello, what is the year make and model of this vehicle?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2005 towncar with a 4.6L
Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for the info. The P2106 means the throttle body is in forced power mode. This is due to a defective throttle body. Some people claim cleaning the throttle body will correct it. The correct repair from Ford is to replace it. The P0715 is for the turbine speed sensor on the transmission. When it fails it can cause hard downshifts. It is mounted to the outside of the transmission just above the manual lever that shifts the transmission into gear. If you have hard downshifts the sensor it bad. If the downshifts are ok I would replace the throttle body and retest.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes but can a speed sensor also give you that code or an EGR module give you aTAC System Forced Limited Power ? Because the Actuator has already been replaced
Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.
The speed sensor I haven't seen it set a throttle body code before. Anything is possible though. If you didn't use a Ford throttle body it could be bad also. Dorman parts have a high defect rate when used. I would replace the speed sensor first and retest.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes it was a Ford product
Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.
Ok so I would replace the speed sensor. Clear the codes and keep alive memory and retest