Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience:  30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech

I have 2002 ford F-350 7.3 truck just died on road so i replace

Customer Question

I have 2002 ford F-350 7.3 truck just died on road so i replace cam shaft sensor . went to start vehicle would not start but heard clicking nose coming from under dash ???
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well I change cam shaft sensor because it acted like it ran out of fuel had 3\4 tank of fuel Had vehicle tow home and just change sensor went to start the truck and wont run
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Change cam shaft sensor and tried to start it
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no maintenace is up to date every 5000 mile oil change and lube
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 5 months ago.
just thought, have you checked the batteries?