Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Hey Pearl, my 2001 pu had the wrong oil put in it and has caused

Customer Question

Hey Pearl, my 2001 pu had the wrong oil put in it and has caused my oil pump to falter. We are trying to change it out. Oil pan is off, help go from here!!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It was an ironically oil field crew truck just going from shop to port. Has 200k hwy miles. Someone put 10w30 in and here is where I'm at
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: My husband is. We finally got the oil pan off!! Woohoo. So now what
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: Plug sensors?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,Can you tell me the model of your truck as well as the engine size please?