Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

2005 mustang door locks , they will unlock from the inside

Customer Question

2005 mustang door locks , they will unlock from the inside but will not unlock
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: just trying to lock the doors from inside . they will unlock but not lock
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: reset the ecm
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: no just a convertable if that make a diff
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 8 months ago.
If you can get the doors to unlock but not lock then the problem is most likely in the switch. How much diagnosis/repair do you plan to do yourself?Do you have a multi-meter to do some testing?Do you have a scan tool?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
multi-meter
Expert:  Jared D replied 8 months ago.
Do they work normally with the remote key fob?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no both the fob and inside locks only unlock .
Expert:  Jared D replied 8 months ago.
Ok. So that might be a problem with the door unlock relay which is a non-serviceable part of the smart junction box. The smart junction box is under the dash on the passenger side of the car.You have to remove the kick panel to see it but there is a large connector there that will sometimes wiggle loose.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok i will check that
Expert:  Jared D replied 8 months ago.
Check the connector in this diagram for any signs of corrosion or damage. Make sure it is plugged in tight and then is it still won't work then you'll need a scan tool to see if the relay is bad.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
by for now
Expert:  Jared D replied 8 months ago.
These are the pins that Ford suggests you check:1. Inspect the connectors of the SJB to verify all connectors are firmly seated. The door ajar switch circuits and circuits of the door lock switches are members of the C2280e connector. C2280e is a black 26-pin terminal connector of the SJB. 2. If the connectors are firmly seated in the connection of the SJB, check all power supply feeds of the SJB from the Bussed Electrical Center (BEC) to verify all are good. 3. Check the voltage of the door ajar switch circuits and the door lock switch circuits on the C2280e connector. The SJB sends voltage out on the door ajar switch circuits and looks for the circuit to get grounded to know the doors are closed. The SJB sends voltage out to the door lock switches and looks for the circuit to get grounded to know that the driver or passenger is commanding the doors to be locked or unlocked. The door ajar switch circuits include a Light Green/Black (LG/BK) wire at pin 2 and a Yellow/Light Green (YE/LG) wire at pin 6. The door lock switch circuits include a Dark Blue/Light Green (DB/LG) wire at pin 1 and a White/Violet (WH/VT) wire at pin 3 for the driver's door; a Yellow/Red (YE/RD) wire at pin 5 and an Orange/Black (OG/BK) wire at pin 8 for the passenger door switch.
Expert:  Jared D replied 8 months ago.
Did you still need help with this? If you do, I'd be happy to help. If not, please don't forget to rate.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
None of the above found a broken wire in the wiring between the drivers door and dash