Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel

After my 2007 F-150 with the 5.4 gets warmed up it will rough

Customer Question

after my 2007 F-150 with the 5.4 gets warmed up it will rough idle when you pull up to stops if you put it in neutral and rev it up it will go away
JA: Finding the cause of a rough idle can be tough, but luckily with the right help...solvable. The mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When you first start it up it runs fine, but after driving for awhile when it gets warmed up it will start to rough idle when you pull up to stops signs or go to park. If you put it in neutral or park and rev the engine up it will go back to normal. Ive put a new throttle body and IAC on it and cleaned the MAF sensor too and it still does it.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can yes
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** am sorry to hear about your truck. Can you tell me if the check engine light is coming on and how many miles are on the truck?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The check engine light comes on and off and there is 160,000 miles on it
Thank you. Most of the time this occurs when the spark plugs are worn out. It can also be an air flow sensor issue. Do you have a computer scan tool to see what codes are in the computer.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I dont
Thanks. If you can take it to an auto parts store most will scan the computer for free. If you can bring me the codes it will help. Have you ever had it tuned up?