Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

2010 Ford Ranger pickup. I believe it has a 2.3L engine. I

Customer Question

2010 Ford Ranger pickup. I believe it has a 2.3L engine. I put a new PCM from the local Ford Dealer and programmed it. I noticed there was ABS on the truck but the FMP program never gave me a chance to program the ABS. The truck runs fine but you cannot shift out of Park. With the old PCM you could but the truck never got out of limp mode. The ABS says it has a PCM ABS mismatch error.Any ideas?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. What ABS code are you getting?Are you not able to access the ABS and do a configuration with the scan tool?The brake shift interlock is controlled through the instrument cluster. Are there codes stored in the instrument cluster? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can get the codes in the morning. I can access it thru my Snap On Verus but it did not have anything to configure except the wheel size. I will check the instrument cluster. I do not remember if there were any codes.
Thanks, ***** ***** help.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Will not be able to get back to this one until Monday.
No problem.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris