Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I have the same factory alarm problem these other guys are talking abo

Customer Question

I have the same factory alarm problem these other guys are talking about, I took the kick panel off but can not find a green wire with purple stripe...any other suggestions? AJ
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: lost the original key and on off pad, used spare key and then my problems started.....bought a new transponder from ford, but the dam thing didn't work...followed the instructions several times.....out $60 bucks and the dam thing is still not fixed................I want it gone what is your advice.....alarms are a wast of money.....I would rather have the car stolen....................
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: new key pad from ford........looked for green and purple wire after it still didn't work....can't find no green and purple wire..........
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: not that I know of.........
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can I get the year, make, model?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1997 FORD F 150 ,4.2,...AUTO
If you turn the key on, open the hood. On the firewall, cross the 2 large terminals on the starter relay above the passenger valve cover on the firewall. Does it crank and does it start?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry I will not be able to help you. I prefer not to associate with someone that uses that language. Hopefully another will not mind helping you. Best of luck.