Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.

F 350 08 dually dump body trailer lights left side no turn

Customer Question

f 350 08 dually dump body trailer lights left side no turn signal or brake light but have taillight. right side trailer everything works I seem to have nopower to back of truck wondering if there is a fuse for just left side trailer light and stop signal I don't have owners manual for fuse location
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: test light on plug connection and further towards the cab no power
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: taillight on left side works fine and right side signals all work
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** me look for some information for you, give me a few minutes.
Expert:  Scott W. replied 5 months ago.
This truck uses a smart junction box fuse panel, what that means if there is a short circuit it has the ability to interupt the circuit until a repair has been made. The smart junction box should have a self test done to see if there are circuit codes stored. I would try replacing the bulb, then disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes to try and clear any codes that are stored, if it still doesn't work, a test on the smart junction box with a scan tool will be needed. It could also be a broken wire in between the cab to the left rear brake light. I would try disconnecting the battery first and see what happens. Let me know what you find, thanks Scott
Expert:  Scott W. replied 5 months ago.
We can go back and forth on this until you can give a 5 star rating, thanks Scott