chrlsman
chrlsman, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.
29613880

Ford Taurus: I put a new starter and alternator on and car

Customer Question

I put a new starter and alternator on and car still won't turn over what else could be the problem
Category: Ford
Expert:  chrlsman replied 7 months ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I am one of the Ford techs here.Did you try to jump the battery or have it tested? Just because it is only 6 months, does not mean that is full charged.If that is good, I would replace the starter relay - it is easy and cheap to do, see the pic:
Expert:  chrlsman replied 7 months ago.
Something else to check; the battery cable. How are the ends? Any corrosion build up on the posi terminal at the battery or starter?
Expert:  chrlsman replied 7 months ago.
This post will end soon. Please do rate my answer. As an independent contractor, I do not receive any credit for answering your question if no rating is given. Let me know if you have additional questions, but please proceed with a 4 or 5 star rating.thanks- Chris
Expert:  chrlsman replied 7 months ago.
I hope this information has been helpful to you. If so, please proceed with a rating. 4 or 5 stars will tell other customers that I give good service. If you have follow up questions, feel free to ask.- Chris
Expert:  chrlsman replied 6 months ago.
please rate this answer