Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

I want to check my valve cover gaskets JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

I want to check my valve cover gaskets
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site..What is the year make model and engine of it please?What would you want to check them for? Leaking?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2002 3.0 check for leaking
I guess it is a Taurus. Do you see a leak from them? Oil around the top of the heads?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it a escape
I see, thanks. The upper intake has to come off to get the rear valve cover off, (right side of engine). If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you all of the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,
Are you still there?