Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech
Experience:  30+ years in trade, Ford Master Tech, Journeyman Automotive Tech
11409661

Ford: 1985 Ford 429 truck. Stall issue when given gas

Customer Question

1985 Ford 429 truck. Stall issue when given gas
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. If you havent checked for any vacuum leaks this needs done.I have seen issues with a vacuum leak from a damaged vacuum hose or a leaking intake gasket cause a lean issue causing this fault here when the pedal is pressed.The other issue I would check for is a restriction in the fuel tank or weak fuel pump.This will cause a lack of fuel pressure or fuel volume to the engine and will also cause this here.I have seen a restricted fuel sock filter in the fuel tank needing replaced as well as a weak pump needing replaced.These are the common causes for this type of fault here needing checked into to locate and repair this fault. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Expert:  Ray M. replied 7 months ago.
Is your truck fuel injected or carbureted?