Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Explorer: will a transmission out 1995 5.0 ford explorer work

Customer Question

will a transmission out 1995 5.0 ford explorer work in a 2000 5.0 explorer and what i need to change
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Do you know what trouble codes stored?Your post has a 2005, 1995, and 2000 year model listed. Can you let me know the year from and to?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1995 to 2000 codes p1747, p0755, po743
The 95 did not have a 5.0 option, are you sure the year model is right?The 00 5.0 explorer has a 4R70 transmission, is that the same model transmission you installed?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can i ckeck in the morning and get back with you because i have a 2000 and i pick up a what the guy say were a 1995 and it has a v8 .05
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the truck were build in 10/95 with a v8
Thanks its a 96 model then. Yes the 96 and 00 4R70 are the same transmission. Your codes indicate electrical concerns with the EPC, SSA, and TCC solenoid, so every solenoid except SSB, which will likely store a code later. Most likely the wire harness outside the trans was damaged during the swap or the lead frame wire harness inside the trans to the solenoid is defective. Do you need the diag steps for these codes to do all the wire testing. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris