Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Have a 03 explorer, changed the starter & it grinds JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

Have a 03 explorer, changed the starter & it grinds
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Tried jumping it, you turn the key & it clicks
JA: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Ford Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I need it to go to work in the morning
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: New starter, checking the starter relay
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: What am I missing to start it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. 1st you mentioned the starter grinds, then you said it just clicks. Can you tell me which it does?Will you be able to do minor electrical testing and work?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris