Experience:  ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

2001 ford focus se 2.0 sohc new motor all new coils hoses wires

Customer Question

2001 ford focus se 2.0 sohc new motor all new coils hoses wires and starter. been driving since all changed 2.5 months and started getting a slow turn over to start. runs fine after starts then pulled in and turned engine off ,came back out 5 minutes latter and attempted to start, would slowly turn over. finally got it to start. took to mechanic and replaced new starter with another new one same problem. oh, and does have new biggest battery and new battery cable ends. saw on pamplet that ford sent a new s-cable to replace 4" of it. my new starter did not come with one so, I'm going to replace mine with 8 guage to be on the safe side. what are your thoughts?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, I have already spent 3500 on repairs.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i just put that in the first statement.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: everything is new.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Are you looking for some possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what ever you can advise so i don't have to keep putting more and more into this car.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
You bet! I will be happy to help! First, check to be sure that then engine is not starting to lock up as this will make the engine crank over slower. Next, make sure none of the pullies are starting to lock up as this will also cause an issueIf those two tests pass, then we check for power down at the starter on BOTH terminals while cranking to ensure that the starter is getting full battery voltage.Last but not least, we check the starter and engine ground to ensure it is not a bad ground causing high resistance in the circuit (which causes the engine to crank over slower)
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
I am glad I can help! It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
so, everything that I stated all the way down to the very last thing that I'm already doing is my answer. hum.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Was the voltage checked at the starter?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
You have not stated that
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
If these things were checked properly in order, then you should have your answer. I know this because I actually work on these vehicles for a living. So no, you have not done ALL of these things. Maybe some of them.. but not all of them... because if you did, it would lead you to the root cause of this problem. You are welcome.