Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Can u help me with an issue JA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question

Hi can u help me with an issue
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have 1992 Ford e150 5.8engine van that died while driving. Will crank but not ignite. We changed the injection coil but its not working.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. My husband is a fly by night mechanic lol but is stumped on this issur
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried the starter fluid to see if it was the fuel pump that didnt work. So put in new Ignition Coil that didnt work. So now hes on his way to buy a ICM
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Other then this issue shes ran great
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I have a few questions. Does the check engine light come on when the key is turned to on and go out when cranking? You dont have fuel pressure or spark? You mentioned it wont start with spraying starter fluid.