Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My Ford Mustang3.8 was running real rough and then it shut

Customer Question

My Ford Mustang3.8 was running real rough and then it shut down on me I took it to a shop and they put in a timing chain and gears and now the scanner is coming up with a code p 1260 a antitheft code I had a lock Smith come out to check the key and he said everything with the security system was fine
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: A new coil a cam sensor plugs and wires
JA: Huh?
Customer: Everything for the firing of the car
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 12 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. What year is your car?With the key on, what is the theft light doing?Is there an aftermarket alarm on the vehicle that may be interrupting the operation of the PATS system?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris