Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Replace ignition getting 1260 code how do I fix 1998 ford explorer

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Truck wont start turning over but will not start getting gas and fire
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed crank and cam seniors still won't start
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 6 months ago.
Hi there.The engine in your Explorer needs compression, fuel pressure, injector pulse and ignition spark to be able to start and run. Have you checked those? By the way, what engine size are you working with?