Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2012 Ford F-150 with V-8 4WD lariat. After ignition

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Ford F-150 with V-8 4WD lariat. After ignition is turned off and courtesy lights time out the instrument cluster stays on indefinitely. Do you know what is the resolve?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a 2012 Ford F-150 with V-8 4WD lariat. After ignition is turned off and courtesy lights time out the instrument cluster stays on indefinitely. Do you know what is the resolve?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing. I haven't wanted to just change parts. I just replaced battery though.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: truck is well maintained with 63,000 miles.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Most likely this is going to be the instrument cluster to blame. I first off need to know is it the back lighting in the cluster staying on or the gauges are staying powered up? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The cluster lights just stay on. Guages go to 0.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Guage lights stay on along with the needle
Thanks, ***** ***** symptom chart states if these are the only interior illumination lights remaining on then its the instrument cluster that needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Also the remote start does not work. I am thinking the dash light problem is related.
I do not work on remote start systems, any concern on that would need to go on a new post. Do you need any more assistance on the instrument cluster illumination concern?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I prefer not to throw any more money at a proposed solution when I already have the correct solution which is NOT to change the instrument cluster. Please credit my account. I prefer not to give low satisfaction scores.
You can contact the website for a refund. Glad you got it resolved.