John Vieira
John Vieira, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician 32 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
78680981

The pickup is in low range and by moving the switch on the

Customer Question

The pickup is in low range and by moving the switch on the dashboard it is not coming out of*****
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The 2002 F 350*****was in high range 4 x 4 with the switch on two wheel drive then trying to change it back to*****it automatically somehow switched to low range and I cannot change it by moving the switch and stepping on the brake I know the changing process because I've done it plenty times before but somehow it is just staying at this positioning
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can.... I'm on a Construction work site
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: Not at this time .....unless being asked some questions
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  John Vieira replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will help you today. Shift on the fly, so there's a vaccuum leak. Check for a vaccuum leak. I can walk through this easily. Let me know. Sincerely, ***** *****