James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

Expecition, eddie bauer: 2004 expedition. truck will not crank

Customer Question

2004 expedition. truck will not crank or start . unhook battery and reconnect and it will start crank and start only in the first 15 seconds. It will run fine till you shut it off and try to restart: no crank. I discovered that fuse 102 (ingition power) can be pulled and reinserted and this will work the same as disconnecting battery. What's up with that?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did put in a new battery and a new ignition switch. Still no crank or start except in first seconds after battery power applied.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I also switched starter relays with other like relays in the distribution box. the starter relay does "click" when key is put in start position.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
there does not appear to be any aftermarket theft, lock or remote start on the truck
Expert:  James replied 6 months ago.
Hello, when this happens does the theft light blink fast when it won't start?