Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Door ajar light staying on have to close the door several times

Customer Question

Door ajar light staying on have to close the door several times does not happen all the time may be fine for a few days then starts to act up again this also leavesee
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Drivers door ajar light staying on have to close the door several times (to hard ) and does not always work some days it is fine, l am afraid that I am going to break the door glass Is there any adjustments that can be made
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Probably not looks like 2 hour project to replace the latch assembly Is thair any attachments that can be made?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: I end up with a dead battery do to this problem
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 6 months ago.
What year and model Ford are you working on?