K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

2004 F150 FX4. Reverse went out in transmission thinking it

Customer Question

2004 F150 FX4. Reverse went out in transmission thinking it may be the band. Would the reverse lights quit working also or would it be another problem
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2004 F150 FX4. Reverse went out in transmission thinking it may be the band. Would the reverse lights quit working also or would it be another problem
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: depends how easy it is
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Hello, if the reverse lights are out as well as reverse itself then the transmission range sensor is most likely bad. I'll post information below on how to swap it out. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Follow ups concerning this are free even after you rate or accept.Thanks!