A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

I bought a used 2006 Ford Expedition in great condition. Only

Customer Question

I bought a used 2006 Ford Expedition in great condition. Only two issues. Driver's heated and cooled seat does not work. If you press the button, the light comes on and immediately goes out. Also, the park assist system does not work and whenever you place the car in reverse the "check park assist" warning light comes on.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: no
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Ford Mechanic to figure that out. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if it is not too complicated
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 7 months ago.
Can you give me the VIN#? I would like to check Fords website for technicians to check for common causes and fixes based on the VIN#s.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes, 1FMFU18506LA30817
Please give me a few minutes. I'll be back.
Do you have access to a scan tool that can pull trouble codes from all the modules in the vehicle? Especially the Parking Aid module and HVAC (AC) module. Simple code readers will not do this.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not
There is a DUAL CLIMATE CONTROL SEAT MODULE that controls the heated and cooled seats and also a PAM (Parking Aid Module) that controls the rear view camera and the parking aid sensors, or parking assist. They both produce trouble codes when there is a problem. I would hate to guess, as that can get expensive and just gets you mad when the problem is still present. Any repair shop you take it to will first, check for trouble codes in all the modules to help isolate the causes.