EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

O I remove s clip from rear axle on 2002 Ford explorer sportrac

Customer Question

O I remove s clip from rear axle on 2002 Ford explorer sportrac without independent suspension
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Replacing rear axle bearing, can't get s clip off axle, inside pumpkin
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Done if I get axle out. Napa presses bearing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: Not independent suspension
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Did you take out the 8mm bolt and the the pin first?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 12 months ago.
THanks for viewing my response to you. Do you have more questions on this? Please rate my service positively and let me know. Thanks.