Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Just had the oil changed and the dealership hit the info set

Customer Question

just had the oil changed and the dealership hit the info set button to set the oil to 100% now my service engine light comes on when i start the vehicle and dings again when i do my system check
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: hopefully
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: nope just wondering what happened after the oil change to make this happen
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 5 months ago.
What year, model and engine size does the Ford you are working on have?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2006 ford escape hybrid v6 the oil has been reset however the service soon light wont go away
Just need to clarify.They reset the change oil now message, but the yellow check engine light is on, or it still states change oil now?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have just a yellow wrench light and my computer says Service Soon, it does not say check engine or change oil. When I enter the system check the service soon dings on the oil while the yellow wrench light stay on, then the system goes through everything else which it states that is okay. I took it to auto zone they hooked it up to the car and they say it is not giving any codes.
Sorry it took a while to get back to you. I am work at my dealership right now. Since the wrench light is on, and your Escape is a Hybrid, you will need to find a shop that can test all the modules for trouble codes, not just the PCM (Engine Computer). Auto parts stores can only test the PCM with their code readers. You have modules also for the Hybrid systems in your vehicle. Any of them will set the wrench light and not the check engine light.