Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Ford 150: Ford 150 w/5.4--90k miles, ticking sound @ idle--right

Customer Question

Ford 150 w/5.4--90k miles, ticking sound @ idle--right side of motor--replaced both cam phasors. Started motor, now I have louder ticking sounds coming out from under the engine. I can not locate their source. Can you help?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Have you owned the vehicle since 04?Can you describe the oil history, viscosity, brand, how often changed?Have you checked the oil pressure?When you say under that engine does that just mean its coming from somewhere lower than the heads?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris