roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

2005 Ford Taurus: I'm running engine code P0171 on my ford

Customer Question

I'm running engine code P0171 on my ford taurus. I was also running P0300, P0301, P0302. I figured it was a misfire so i replaced all six spark plugs. After driving for awhile all misfires codes came back and lean codes came back. Was wondering too lean gas air mixture could cause misfire? If not what could cause these codes?
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist the most common cause for all the miss fire codes and the lean codes together is low fuel pressure. not enough fuel is being delivered to the engine. I would start with checking the fuel pressure. you can rent one from a parts store to verify I would start there Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The misfire codes are only on cylinder 1 and 2 and lean are on both banks. Would that still be the first thing you checked. The engine is also very jumpy at idle occasionally. Just extra info I wanted to add and see if you'd still recommend to test fuel pressure first?
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
yes, I would still start there. the 300 is the key code. it indicates multiple miss fires on all cylinders. Roy
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.