6Bucs
6Bucs, Ford Senior Master
Experience:  Ford senior master tech, 18 years experience.
63005990

Tarus: Where does the quater inch vacuum intake manifold behind

Customer Question

Where does the quater inch vacuum intake manifold behind ica and egr valve, where does it end up ? 1998 ford tarus V6
Category: Ford
Expert:  6Bucs replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. Can you tell me which 3 liter engine you have? Is it a 12 valve Vulcan, or a 24 valve duratec? If you're not sure, can you send me the VIN number and I can check myself?James
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
12 valve . U motor
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
***********
Expert:  6Bucs replied 7 months ago.
So, there's no good pictures. One line goes to the back of the intake manifold right behind the throttle body near the firewall. The green one connects to the EGR valve. The red one connects to the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail.
Expert:  6Bucs replied 7 months ago.
Does this help, or do you need more information? What exactly are you trying to repair?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Where on the firewall?
Expert:  6Bucs replied 7 months ago.
I looked again and there are no good pictures in the shop manual for that year. There is a 3/8" vacuum line running from the brake booster vacuum splitter to the back of the intake manifold. There is a green tipped line going to the EGR valve, and a red tipped line going to the fuel rail pressure regulator. The large one from the back of the intake goes about 8 inches and connects with a black 4 way vacuum box bolted to the firewall left of center towards the driver's side of the engine compartment. Then it travels to the brake booster. Can you tell me what kind of symptom you are chasing?James.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you call me(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We need to know where a hose goes? Please call
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is 1 hose just below the egr valve that we don't know where it goes. Quarter inch vacuum line. Main hose
Expert:  6Bucs replied 7 months ago.
I'm not set up for phone calls. Can you upload a picture of the hose?James
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How would you unstick the torque behind the flywheel?
Expert:  6Bucs replied 7 months ago.
I'm not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean how to unbolt the torque converter from the flywheel? James