Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Loss of power. Bucks when accelerating. Replaced complete distributor,

Customer Question

Loss of power. Bucks when accelerating. Replaced complete distributor, coolant temperature sensor, only happens warm
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Idling erratic. Up and down. Then dies and won't restart. 89 Ford f150. 302
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Set timing, coolant temperature sensor, ignition module, distributor, cleaned egr,
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Yesterday it ran perfect all day stop, go, restarts, power on demand all day
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 6 months ago.
Hello, when it wont restart do you have spark, fuel pressure and injector pulse? Does the check engine light come on when the key is turned to on and go out when cranking? No codes stored?