A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

Ford Taurus: Front map lights will come on when door is open

Customer Question

Front map lights will come on when door is open with door closed lights will not turn when I push button can I repair myself?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 7 months ago.
Please check fuse #9 in the dash fuse box. It is a 15 amp fuse for the map lights in the headliner console. The lights are coming on when the door is opened which means the dome light circuit and fuse are good, but the lights do not come on when you press the switch which is the map light circuit which is fuse #9 in the dash fuse box.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Mr.Perland thanks for the advice.Problem solved. Local ford house wanted to replace modem or something at a redicules price. Thanks again !!Have a Happy DayRandy
Your very welcome. Thank you.