Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2000 ford explorer. the air temp actuator unit is

Customer Question

I have a 2000 ford explorer. the air temp actuator unit is not engaging, I replaced it with a new one but the new one does not move either. can you tell me the most likely cause for this problem?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the air blows through the defrost position and through the rear seat vents but the electronic settings do not seem to engage the actuator and rechannel the airflow through the front vents.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced the old actuator with a new one but it does not move either like it is not getting a signal or power?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: 2000 eddie bauer 4.0l v-6
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for you question,Do you have electronic air (buttons) or Manuel (knobs) ?Are you able to do a small bit of testing?